Hello and welcome to News Hour from the BBC World Service.
We're coming to you live from London.
I'm James Menendez and we're going to begin today in Gaza and an attack that happened last week on the 23rd of March,
but one whose grim details are only now coming to light.
But as ever in this war, they are strongly contested.
What we do know is that on the 30th of March, Sunday,
a team from the UN's Humanitarian Agency was finally able to recover the bodies of a group of aid workers who'd been buried in the sandy dunes of southern Gaza,
together with the mangled wreckage of their ambulances, a firetruck and another vehicle.
In total, the UN says it retrieved the bodies of 15 people, eight of them paramedics with the Palestinian Red Crescent,
seven of them civil defence workers, one of them an employee of the UN.
All of them, says the UN, shot when Israeli troops fired on their convoy as it tried to reach a group of injured people.
Well, in a moment we'll hear from the UN in Gaza.
But here's what the Israeli government has had to say today.
This is Foreign Minister Gideon Sahr speaking at a news briefing in Jerusalem.
The IDF did not randomly attack an ambulance.
Last Sunday, several uncoordinated vehicles were identified,
advancing suspiciously toward IDF troops without headlights or emergency signals.
IDF troops then opened fire at suspected vehicles.
Following an initial assessment,
it was determined that the forces had eliminated a Hamas military tourist, Mohammad Amin Ibrahim Shubaki,